We are very pleased to report that the PARITY grant application to the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) was successful. This round at CIHR was exceptionally competitive and the PARITY grant was ranked first in its panel.
The PARITY network is a collaboration that brings together experts in clinical trials, biostatistics, surgery, oncology, pharmacy, and research coordination. This renowned group is proving that orthopaedic oncology can lead transformational research programs around the world. PARITY is the first ever multi-center randomized controlled trial in orthopaedic oncology surgery and its recent initiation is a ground breaking advancement towards evidence-based practice in this field. We look forward to continuing the trial with this CIHR funding.
- Grant: Canadian Institutes of Health Research Operating Grant
- Title: Prophylactic Antibiotic Regimens in Tumor Surgery (PARITY)
- Grant period: 01/10/2014 – 30/09/2019
- Principal Investigators: Michelle Ghert and Mohit Bhandari
- Co-Investigators and Collaborators: M Anderson, T Balach, A Baptista, T Beckinsale, E Carmody, P Clarkson, M Clayer, J Cummings, B Deheshi, Y Doung, P Ferguson, M Galli Serra, M Gebhardt, D Geller, M Goodman, Y Gortzak, R Grimer, G Guyatt, J Healey, W Hettwer, G Holt, M Isler, M Laitinen, B Miller, S Mottard, L Nystrom, T O’Shea, A Puri, RL Randall, N Reimer, J Schwab, L Thabane, R Turcotte, K Weiss, J Werier, J Wunder, J Abraham, R Avedian, T Damrom, N Dion, J Hayden, P Jutte, C Kelly, SA Khan, J Neilson, S Puloski, T Scharschmidt